I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Monday, February 12, 2018

What to do on a rainy day

Dark skies in the desert behind my house

Naturally, I would like to curl up in my favorite reading chair, wearing my sweats, and grab the nearest book.  What a great   luxury this would be as I listen to raindrops hitting the window.  I’m off today, so no work to get ready for and customers to deal with.



Raven helping me with the litter boxes

But there’s always housework and laundry staring me in the eye.  And my two cats scolding me, as if to say, “mama, when are you going to change our litter box?”  So I changed the cat boxes, did four loads of laundry and changed the sheets, etc.  Now there’s just all the dusting and vacuuming to do, which will have to wait for another day.

I ran to the store for a few items just as it was beginning to drizzle.  It’s windy and chilly here today at 44 degrees.  I’m counting the days until spring.  I’m very tired of being cold, although I know there are many places in the country that are colder than this, but I don’t live there either by choice.



I hadn’t done any Valentines shopping either, so I got that finished before the last minute.

I’m also filling out job applications to see where that goes.  I love the people I work with, but wearing four layers of clothes to stay warm is really getting old, along with cooking from a stainless cart and serving the hundreds that come by daily for free food.

McLean Falls New Zealand courtesy of Joshua Scripps Photography

On another note, my neighbor has gone to New Zealand for a month.  I’m glad she found another friend to house sit and take care of her cat.  I have my hands full at work and with trying to heal myself from the flu and pneumonia.  I feel so sorry for her cat who is alone a lot of the time.  At least this time around she has someone in the house with her.  I know my neighbor has wanted to go to New Zealand for the longest time, so I’m happy she’s able to cross this off her bucket list.  I look forward to seeing her pictures when she returns.


Until next time, stay warm and well everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a lot done. Good luck with the job search. And I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi pilch,

      Yes, I do feel better. The cough is hanging on but it seems it's the last to go. Yes, I got a lot done that day out job searching. And everyone was so nice and welcoming. That was a nice reminder that there are some nice people out there in the world.

      Thanks for reading. I hope you and your furry friends are doing well.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni