I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, February 4, 2018

We’ve probably only seen the tip of the iceberg


Things at work are in a major decline.  Just when you think that things can’t get any worse they do.  I’m really not sure where all this is going yet, but all of us are hoping the new boss gets her act together soon.  I think right now she’s very overwhelmed.  Many of us wonder how she ended up in the position to start with.  Her lack of training shows every day.


Tip of the iceberg.  We've probably not seen near as much as what's coming.

There are way too many new rules and we hear the ones we now know about are the better of the lot that’s coming.  Oh my!  I really don’t want to say too much more about this at the present time because I do still work there.  Several people have already left, some after they were given ultimatums and told they couldn’t have two or more jobs, so they had to make choices.  We’ve lost a few very good people.  I suspect others are actively pursuing other employment in their days off, however we’re all being worked ragged at the present time.

One thing that really drives me crazy is the secretiveness of everything now.  We can find little, if anything, out ahead of time.  This is nuts.  Why is everything a big, dark secret?  All the information that falls into that category now used to be open to all of us.  Life in the work department is very tiring and I find my own enthusiasm for the job waning.  I used to look forward to going there, but not anymore.  I am trying to be open to the changes and to give everyone a chance because that’s really what one should do.  But I have to tell you that I’m worn out.  On my days off I can sleep ten hours and still not get caught up on my rest.  The break schedule is really screwed up too and has been for a while now.  I don’t know if, or when, it’ll ever be straightened out.  Standing for four-plus hours with no break is almost impossible at my age.  Everyone is finding that hard.  There are many days when people get forgotten altogether. 

Yet we employees go in there every day never knowing what is going to happen to any of us before the day is over.  There’s a strange vibe going on.  Stay tuned for more on this situation.


Well this is not a very good pic, but it's me on the morning before my eye surgery.  If you look closely, you can see my eyelids lie on my eyelashes



This is me after eye surgery.  Beware this is an ordeal, but worth it in the end.



This is me in my sunglasses after I went back to work, minus our uniform of course.


This is me with no makeup and a few bruises left about a week ago.  I'm slowly getting back to normal, but I have eyelids again now and no more runny eyes.

My eye surgery is coming along well.  I do still have about another six weeks to go to be completely healed.  My eyelids are numb, but I’m told that takes months to correct itself.  The important thing is that it was a success.  I have no more drippy eyes.  I got so tired of customers asking me why I was crying all day long.  I do have to say the new boss did work with me too on this situation and I was allowed the time off I needed and was also able to wear sunglasses to work for a month until most of the bruising was gone.  I can now cover what’s left with makeup.

On a lighter note, we’re enjoying the warming days and all the critters that are coming to visit.  They forage for food in our yard and of course we always put water out for them.  This is such a bright note after a hard day at work.  I love watching them.  They seem so carefree, but I’m sure they do each have to worry about staying alive in the harsh desert environment.



Birds of Prey


Roadrunners


Squirrels and rabbits


Quail


Pigeons


Splashing in the birdbath is fun


The squirrel enjoying a peanut

We’ve also had many beautiful sunrises and sunsets lately.  I love taking pictures of them, even though I have hundreds already.  Here are a few to enjoy.  


Sunrise in the desert is a great way to face the day


This is another sunrise

Be thankful for all your blessings because you never know what each new day will bring.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are healing. Sorry work is such a pain, 4 hours is a long time to stand. I recommend some compression stockings. My husband needs them for health reasons, but the box shows that waitresses and others who stand all day use them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pilch,

      Thanks for reading and leaving a reply. I already use compression socks, but thanks so much for suggesting that because it never occurred to me to look for any until about six months ago when my feet and ankles were swelling badly from so much continuous standing. They do help a lot. Now the next situation is having to use the girl's room after so many hours. I guess I may have to get Depends next if this situation continues. I just try not to drink much water so I usually come home dehydrated.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni