I may chat about my books, what I'm writing or reading, or just general thoughts. You may read posts about my cats or just my crazy life in general. Comments are welcome, if anyone wants to interact with me. Maybe we can share war stories, whether it's writing related or just about life in general.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Another Crazy Person Strikes Again




I wonder if all this killing will ever end.  I suppose it won’t.  There are way too many sick people out there.  Are any of us safe anywhere anymore? 





Now we have a shooting in a church of all places.  I’m wondering why someone in this latest event didn’t tackle this guy and not give him time to reload his gun several times.  Yes, it’s dangerous, but there are brave souls out there too who will take on the crazies.  We live in such frightening times.

The scary thing is we probably pass these people every day and we don’t even know it.  How could we when most of these people look as normal as anyone else.  They could exist anywhere and something could happen at any time in the most unlikely places.

We all need to be as vigilant and aware as we can be of everything and everyone in our surroundings at all times.




When I was at work yesterday there was a suspicious person hanging about with a backpack.  He was clearly not a shopper and had no shopping cart.  He lingered in corners pretending to look at merchandise and then made his way to the meat counter.  My first thought was that he was there to steal something.  He kept a tight grip on that backpack as if it held something valuable, but it looked pretty flat and empty to me.

I couldn’t leave my station so I alerted another employee who was collecting empty boxes.  He sent management over to talk to me.  I have no idea how this situation turned out.  The man eventually meandered out of my range of sight.  I was too busy helping customers to try to keep an eye on him and find him again.  I did give a full description to management though, so they kept an eye on him, I hope.

It didn’t occur to me until later that he could have had a gun in that bag.  My gut was telling me that something was just not right with him.  But more than likely he was a thief.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of the churches here in the Phoenix area have policemen during the services patrolling the area, etc. It was quite alarming when we first moved down here and were checking out churches to see the police there, but when we settled on the church we are currently attending and I asked the pastor why the police stationed, he did say there were reports of thefts on vehicles during church time and just general public safety. Such a tragedy in Texas, but one wonders how different it might have been if there was a policeman on the scene. I'm always looking out for suspicious people when I'm out and about and looking for escape ways out of buildings, etc. Have to be vigilant.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty,

    I totally agree with you. We all have to be vigilant these days. We're living in tough times. I'm sure I would be shocked to see police paroling around churches too but it's for our safety these days. I'm not sure that would have helped the situation in Texas though because it sounds like the guy started firing as soon as he got out of his vehicle and before he even entered the church. I guess in that case it would be who could get to their weapon first. Very sad situation there.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are scary times we're living in. The problem with looking out for suspicious people is that we're not trained to look out for suspicious people. People that may seem suspicious to us, because they look different, dress differently or act a little odd are probably harmless, innocent people. The real dangerous, evil people that couldn't care less about your life or anyone else's look and act perfectly normal and blend right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vashti,

      I'm sure there's quite a bit of truth to what you said. The man acting suspicious at work was probably out to steal something and not kill anybody, but I had a feeling about him so I reported it to management.

      I'm sure the insane people blend right into society. I have no idea how to get help for these people who desperately need it. Maybe this is just an impossible thing to do, so we all just hope we can stay out of harms way.

      Sunni

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read and
comment on my posts. I appreciate it.
Sunni